CHOICES

We are truly amazing!  As Christ followers, we have the Standard Book of Operating Procedures, The WORD of GOD, before us and we choose to peruse it occasionally, and take in a truth for application every now and then. We take in only every now and then because it must fit our comfort level.  We have made choices for decades of years which are based NOT on the LIGHT revealed from the Standard Book of Operating Procedures, but rather based on our five senses and our emotions, and then we move into blame, shame, and condemnation because of the choices when the choices implode like fireworks and leave us with horrific burns and scabs! 

What is even more scary? When we realize we are making wrong choices, we continue to make wrong choices hoping it will turn out to be the right choice.  Again, lesson not learned. We return to pick the scabs, hoping for healing.   When will we get so sick and tired of making choices, putting the Truth of God's Word behind our backs, and experiencing the consequences of disobedience and rebellion?  Because I have chosen to leave an open door to the evil one who is always crouching at my door, seeking whom he may devour, then I blame God and others for not taking care of me.  

Our Lord has provided a way of escape if I am willing to humble myself,  and confess my sin, HE is FAITHFUL and JUST to forgive me of my sin and cleanse me of all my unrighteousness. (1 John 1:8)  Because of His abounding grace, 2 Corinthians 9:8, I can choose to submit to His purposes and plans for me.  I get to make choices under the scrutiny of the revealed LIGHT of God's Word.  Surely this is a best alternative than gloom, despair, and agony of my emotional and supposedly sensible choices?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN