GIVING him THE AMMUNITION

1 John 5:18 is rich!  "We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but He who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him."  What a promise and a fact.  One thing that I do know, by my careless speech, I can give the evil one ammunition to shoot at me!  I have been guilty of even striking the match to light the flaming arrows that he shoots at me!  What a reminder!  Proverbs reminds me again that my words are life words or death words directed toward me and others.  The death words and phrases:  
"if only", "I should have, would have, or I wished I had", " I am too fat, short, stupid, dumb", " I can't do that", "nothing ever goes right for me", " I never", "it will never change", etc.  Sound familiar?
God has given to us Spiritual Armor with promises:  "In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one."  This weapon is the TRUTH of what God has promised and has said about you and me.  Do I know what God has spoken of me or am I too occupied rehearsing what I think or feel about myself?  When I rehearse the lies which are really toxic thoughts taking up valuable real estate in my head, I am also striking matches to help load up satan's arsenal and shoot at me.  It is imperative for my own health and welfare to be in the Word of God getting to know and experience HIM on a daily basis.  The fight is daily and a definite "In all circumstances" occurrence.  The evil one cannot have me and he is aware of that truth, but that does not mean that he will back away.  It does mean that he seeks to render me ineffective and unprofitable for the sake of the kingdom.  He desires that I stay so focused on the circumstances that the TRUTHS are choked out  and I refuse to trust that God is Sovereign and Omnipotent in my circumstances. 
My question: "Am I loading his weapon or am I extinguishing flaming darts to the glory of the Lord Jesus?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN