MY THRESHING FLOOR


 Because of fear of the Midianites who had robbed the Israelites many times as they threshed their wheat on their threshing floors, Gideon chose to be in hiding and thresh his wheat in the winepress.  Numbers 6:11

King David was told to go to Araunah the Jebusite who owned a threshing floor and "raise an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor".  2 Samuel 24:24 Later, the threshing floor is called Mount Moriah where King Solomon was instructed to build the house of God. 2 Chronicles 3:1.  

In Matthew 3:12, John the Baptist says of Jesus, "His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire." 

The threshing floor was located near the village at a higher place where the winds would be helpful to winnow the wheat or barley grains.  Threshing sledges were tools that had stones or iron fragments fastened to the under side of the sledge. The sledge was used to loosen the grain from the stalks.  The grain was then tossed into the wind with wooden pitchforks called  winnowing forks.  The grain was separated from the chaff.  The chaff was used as fodder for the animals.  

Isaiah was told in 41:15-16 that God had made him a threshing sledge.  He could thresh the mountains and crush them, and the hills would be like chaff.  I began to link up threshing the mountains with the passage in Matthew 17:20 that if I had the faith of a mustard seed, I could speak to the mountains, and they would move from here to there.  The there that I had desired that they move is to return to hell!

I reviewed the mountains as much as I love their beauty and majesty in nature, I changed the mountain paradigm to mountains as spiritual barriers, mindsets, hindrances, blocked passages, faulty thinking, lies which look like truth, misconceptions, and as you can see, the list is multitudinous. I perceive the winnowing fork as being the TRUTH of the WORD of GOD which separates Truth from error.  My threshing floor is my mind and it has to become a threshing sledge to the mindsets, opinions, attitudes, all the thinking and motions which this culture and the evil one now seek to press against me.  Isaiah 41 promises me that I shall rejoice in the LORD, in the HOLY ONE of Israel, I will glory.  Holy Spirit of God keep my mind alive and sharp to your convictions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN