ANXIETY

I am not sure, but I think that one of the evil spirits of the "thief, killer, destroyer" must be anxiety.  Over the decades, I have found that anxiety does not sleep alone...it has many lovers that it gathers around it for reinforcement and ultimate brutal assaults.  Ole spirits of unbelief, doubt, dismay, discouragement, and disappointment work in sync to insure the quality of the spirit life.  Tragically, other spirits rally to give aid to be sure the spirit life is stunted...blame, shame, accusation, condemnation, cynicism, and the ultimate, hopelessness!  I hear the words of dear Apostle Paul, "Oh wretched man that I am!"  Reminder whom Christ has set free is FREE INDEED!

A German word for anxiety is strangle/choke.  I confess as Scripture teaches in Matthew 13:18-23 in the parable of the soils, " but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word and it proves unfruitful" is truth which I have experienced.

This week, I had the privilege of listening to several podcasts and enjoying looking at tweets to see other thoughts and focus.  So appropriate the words of Tony Evans:  Anxiety is calling God a liar and anxiety is a sin.  Tim Keller tweeted, "Anxiety is a daily fax to God saying, "I don't think you have my best interest in mind."  Holy Spirit of God, I submit to the truth which your WORD teaches.  I am trusting YOU to thump me when I even allow such lies to enter my mind and heart. I desire to stand in faith and fight the good fight of faith.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN