"TAKE THE SNAKE BY THE TAIL, MOSES"



 Image result for picture of Moses taking the snake by the tailReading in Exo 4 this morning and the Lord is showing Moses that HE can use him even though he is "flawed"...not a good speaker, afraid of Pharaoh, and reluctant to trust God. "What is in your hand Moses?" His reply, "A staff" Moses threw it to the ground and it became a snake. Note, He ran from the snake! As I was reading, the staff which was given to protect the sheep by the shepherd, which Moses had been, in time of danger, has become grief in my mind. 

God has graciously given grief for my physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. His desire is to use grief for good and for fruitfulness rather than my choice hole up in anger and bitterness. I MUST BE WILLING TO TAKE UP GRIEF. Understand death? A resounding NO, but I do understand life better. (I digressed, surprise!) 

Having three boys, I did learn, to at least touch a snake, but would have never in all my years considered taking it by the tail as Moses was instructed by the Lord! Before the snake could become a useful and purposeful staff again, Moses had to obey the instruction, to take the snake by the tail. Right now, I have taken the snake by the tail and am waiting for it to become again the useful and purposeful staff. I need that staff because THIS present terrain is full of hills, rocks, fears, and robbers (evil) which want to draw my attention and alertness away from my SHEPHERD, my FAITHFUL GUIDE.

When David was a 2-3 year old, one of his first sentences "Hold you me. That is my heart cry, "ABBA, hold you me." Don't let unhealthy grief win, make it fruitful for the sake of the kingdom!" #IHAVETHREESONS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN