PRIDE'S INNER VOWS

 Sadly, I have known for some time that my feelings of insecurity and inferiority had a deeper seat and had become a fortress/stronghold in the mind.  It was NOT a relief to finally figure out that it was really about my pride!  Ilk and yuk!  I rather think I had a malady or excuse for those feelings.  

I also begin to learn that pride has another alliance friendship: FEAR!  Fear I have so easily recognized over the eons, but pride being the source of insecurity and inferiority, I was self-deceived about.  

My fears from the Fall: being overlooked, opposed, disregarded, and loss of control, I could see one of the fears specifically, disregarded.  The inner vows' sources were competing, comparing, and controling.   I probably said to myself: "I will never", "I will always" or "I must".  Now at this ripe age, I learned from a Bible teacher, that these inner vows are judgements I made against myself and sometimes toward others who "hurt" me.  

My sin, if not confessed and repented, become like cancers that metastasize and spread throughout the mind and heart.   Since I am now cognizant of these sins, and have repented, I am trusting God for the working of "clothing myself with humility and toward one another." 1 Peter 5:5b.  God hates and opposes pride and will give grace and freedom to the humble.  Calvary was the place of the Lord Jesus bearing my sins of pride and fear, to only name a few, but in accordance with His Word...He has set me free and I am free indeed.    Thank You HOLY SPIRIT for being the TRUTH SPEAKER and revealing my sin.  Thank YOU for forgiveness, freedom, and victory in Christ Jesus. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN