PRAYERS THAT GO UP TO HEAVEN

I love quotes that capture my attention.  I just found one by Andrew Murray, a dear saint of the 1800's who wrote several books, but I have loved his book, With Christ in the School of Prayer... misplaced the book in my office, but the title is close to this.  His quote, I love!  "Prayers that go up to heaven help make history on earth."  

I confess, each of us, surely not only me, have enough to pray about and believe God to accomplish.  I think of the need for reconciliation in my family, prayers for my sons, daughter, and Grandchildren.  Our church? Our government?  Our leaders in authority over us? The persecuted church throughout the world? Personal needs? The unsaved about us and throughout the nations? Our police?  Racial strife and reconciliation? The Republican and Democratic conventions? Marriages? Families?  Healings for those suffering diseases? These are but a few to begin to believe God to accomplish to His glory and for His kingdom.  Are we willing to make history, to change history by praying for HIM to accomplish what concerns you and me.  Psalm 138:8, "The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me...." Out of mercy and grace, LORD, hear our prayers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN