NOT VALID!

As I read John 4 today, I have had a tendency to see the over riding truth to be about the miracle of the lame man being healed and the confrontation of the religious leaders against Jesus.  

As I read further, I came to verses 31-32.  "If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.  There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that His testimony about me is valid."  I thought of my mindset which often defaults to all of the failures and the "shoulda, woulda, and couldas" of my invalid mindset.  Many times in speaking and in thinking, my defaulted mindset has become higher in esteem in practice than the validity of the Word of God and who I am in the Lord Jesus experiencing His spiritual blessings.  2 Corinthians 10 calls them strongholds, still sin, but He has given me the authority to pull them down in His name.  A WORK of the Spirit constantly in process and progress.  Psalm 138:2 reminds me that He will exalt His Name and His Word.  Do I exalt His Name and His Word when I default to the lies that I speak or think about myself and others?  I desire to honor what He honors and I will yield my mind to the mind of the Holy Spirit, the Truth Speaker.  Imagine not only does the Lord Jesus testify of us, but we have the GRACIOUS luxury of the Father God and the Holy Spirit to testify of us!  The testimony of the Holy THREE in ONE!   Whose testimony will I choose to believe and to practice?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN