PRESUMPTUOUS SINS

I always dread chapters 3-4 of 2 Samuel as David becomes king because he moves to presumptuous sins of taking on another 5 wives without "inquiring of God" about his choices.  His song, Psalm 19: "Keep your servant from willful (presumptuous) sins; may they not rule over me.  Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression."  I am sure this sin, impulsive, presumptuous, or willful can be a mortal wound to us, spiritually, if we don't address the mindset.  I find that we never commit just one sin, for that sin always has some sins that quickly line up in the fray.  For David, I see abuse of his authority as king, entitlement, presumption of his rights, and tragically, we will see more evidences of his presumptions and impulsiveness without conferring with God.  His choices affected his whole family.

Of course this is a different culture and a different era, however, TRUTH does not change.  My presumptions can cause some serious consequences of which I am going to dread when they come to fruition.  Presumptions can lead to conclusions which may not align with the Word of God.  I will allow the Holy Spirit to frisk my thoughts before I choose to act.  I love the thought of blameless and innocent of great transgression (rebellion).  I want to be innocent of no rebellion!  The consequences are too horrific for me and grieve the Spirit of God.  May I learn to confer with you, Holy Spirit of God and be sensitive to you as choices come before me today. I do desire to please You. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN