STANDING IN THE GAP FOR OTHERS

I love those passages that remind me that because someone prayed, I have experienced knowing the Lord Jesus as my Savior and Lord these 63 years.  In Isaiah 63: 5, the Lord speaks, "I looked, but there was no one to help; I was appalled, but there was no one to uphold; so my own arm brought me salvation, and my wrath upheld me." Another passage from Ezekiel 22:30, " And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none."

How I love the fact that the Lord Jesus's life was poured out for me!  I am appalled that He was counted with the transgressors and yet He took the sins of ALL of us that God placed on Him and because of His willingness to become the sin sacrifice, He has made intercession for us rebellious ones by His death.  The breach that separated God from me, my sin, Jesus's sacrifice brought my reconciliation, my peace, and my healing/bondage from sin.  What a supreme act of love for the likes of me...of you!  Romans 8:26 reminds us that the Holy Spirit of God intercedes for you and me in prayer.  Hebrews 7:25 echoes that Jesus always lives to make intercession for us.  

Out of great devotion, commitment, and love, surely we will stand in the gap, interceding for others in prayer.  Moses interceded with fasting and prayer for 40 days for the stiff-necked crowd he was leading and God faithfully responded.  Lord knows my stiff-neck times and my arrogance, yet SOMEONE prayed and is praying for me.  Undeserved, unmerited, but oh how grateful I am! Will we stand in the gap for loved ones?  For our nation? For friends? For nations to experience great harvests of souls for the kingdom of the Lord?  Thank you, Lord for our great salvation.  May we become repairers of the breach and stand in the gap for others!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN