The King of Israel Sings

I well remember holding baby boys closely, rocking, and singing to them as a part of the nightly regimen, and especially while taking the last bottle for the night.  Many times, I sang with them as they rocked in their rocking chair or even fell on all fours, and rocked back and forth.  Because I am not very creative, I used the same song, but changed the name to fit the son.  

Reading through Zephaniah, I always love verse 17 from chapter 3.  It always amazes me that God, Sovereign of Heaven and Earth, Glorious, and Majestic would simply sing over me!  I thrill at the fact that He is in my midst, that His love quiets me, and that He rejoices over me...GRACE, but to just imagine in my mind's eye that He hovers over me or maybe sits beside me in the night and sings over me.  I can't help but wonder, what song does He sing over me?  

I understand that in context, this was a promise to Jerusalem, and yet, the same love and care is shown toward those who are His: adopted daughter, child of the King, and joint-heir with Christ Jesus.  How blessed!  Sing on Mighty God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REHEARSALS

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

ORDER AND DESIGN