The Conscience and Alarm Clocks

In class on Friday, we had an interesting conversation about alarm clocks and our conscience. Since some of us have some impulse issues, I asked the class if they knew what the word, conscience, meant. Only one student knew. That gave us an opportunity to talk about that quiet inner voice within us that warns and reminds us when we are or we are not making good choices. The quiet inner voice is like an alarm on a clock. When we hear the ringggggggggg in the morning, we know it is time to get up, and get moving. When I make a choice that may have some consequences that I don't like, my alarm on my conscience is telling me to reconsider the choice I am about to make. In the days ahead, it will be interesting to see if they "got it". This was during our Second Step time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAST THOUGHT ON LEVITICUS

REHEARSALS

ORDER AND DESIGN